Dates: August 15-17, 2014
Location: Portland & Falmouth, Maine
MS Regatta Sponsored by
The MS Harborfest Regatta is at the heart of MS Harborfest. Now in its 33rd year, the MS Regatta will draw sailboats from Portland Harbor as well as from many other Maine coastal communities. The MS Regatta is the longest running—and largest—sailing event in Northern New England. In 2012, the National MS Society’s MS Regatta was recognized as the Regatta of the Year by the Gulf of Maine Ocean Racing Association (GMORA).
2014 Notice of Race
*NEW Hank Spencer Memorial Award
Awarded to the “winningest” yacht with 30% of its crew members age 18 and under.
Register to participate as a ...
Skipper Registration Fee: $100
Includes: 2 tickets the Skippers meeting, 2 tickets to MS Harborfest Benefit Auction, and 2 tickets to post-race party.
Skippers who register by August 1 will have their sailboat listed on official MS Harborfest Regatta t-shirt.
MS Regatta Skipper Challenge
We have exciting news - a special MS Regatta fundraising challenge has been issued! Funds raised by skipper’s and crew will be matched dollar for dollar up to $50,000! This very generous challenge has been issued by the Arthur K. Watson Family and Team Too Elusive. This includes fundraising and boat sponsorships skipper’s and crew raise.
Every dollar raised makes a big difference to the people in Maine who have MS and their families. Thank you Watson Family and Team Too Elusive for your incredible generosity!
Additional tickets are $15 (order online) and includes food, nonalcoholic beverages, and entertainment. Cash beer and wine bar available.
The Regatta Post Race Party is a traditional Lobster Bake sponsored by Cozy Harbor and a BBQ meal which includes hamburgers and hot dogs sponsored by Longhorn Steak House, sausage dogs by Bianco Provisions, salads by KFC and beverages sponsored by Shipyard Brewing, Easterly Wines, Pepsi, and Poland Spring Water.
We encourage you to ask your crew to register as part of your team and raise additional funds for the National MS Society. Incentives include:
- Raise $250—receive 2 MS Harborfest t-shirts, 2 additional tickets to MS Benefit Auction and post-race party
- Raise $500—receive 3 MS Harborfest t-shirts, 3 tickets to MS Harborfest Benefit Auction, 3 tickets to post race party
- Raise $750—receive 3 MS Harborfest t-shirts, 3 tickets to MS Harborfest Benefit Auction, 3 tickets to post race party
- Raise $1000—receive 4 MS Harborfest t-shirts, 4 tickets to MS Harborfest Benefit Auction, 4 tickets to post race party, 1 duffle bag
- Raise $2500—receive 5 MS Harborfest t-shirts, 4 tickets to MS Harborfest Benefit Auction, 5 tickets to post race party, 2 duffle bags
- Raise $5000—receive 2 MS Harborfest t-shirts, 6 tickets to MS Harborfest Benefit Auction, 10 tickets to post race party, 2 duffle bags, 2 fleece vests
Merle Hallett Fundraising Trophy
Will be awarded to the overall top fundraising skipper.
Friday, August 16
- MS Benefit Auction
The Portland Company
- MS Regatta Skipper/Sponsor Meeting & Reception
The Portland Company
Saturday, August 17
Sunday, August 18
For more information