What is "Race to Stop MS"?
The Race to Stop MS program positively impacts people living with MS by enabling athletes to dedicate their training and participation in various endurance sports events to the creation of a world free of multiple sclerosis. Our program is perfect for both first-timers and experienced athletes. You CAN and WILL make a difference with each step you take as you Race to Stop MS.
- Choose one or more marathon, road race, triathlon or participate on your own. Many profit marathons and triathlons have an option to run on behalf of a charity and will donate part of your registration fees and provide you with an opportunity to raise additional funds. If you have any questions please contact us.
- Raise $750. That is the easy part. We will provide numerous fundraising tips, sample letters, and a National Multiple Sclerosis Society Fund-Raising Staff “Coach” to work with you all the way. When people find out what you are doing, the funds will start to roll in. The average is usually $3-4,000.
- Train to run, swim, bike or a combination of all three. This part is up to you - but please prepare yourself adequately for the event!
Register to race as ...
For details or to inquire about registering to run, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Chapter at 1-800-344-4867.
Minimum fundraising: $750
Each member of the Race to Stop MS Team will receive:
- Fundraising manual and tools
- Custom technical singlet, Bike MS jersey, or technical training T-shirt
- Invitation to join in weekly training runs in the Boston area from December to April
- Invitation to all runner clinics and social gatherings provided by the Greater New England Chapter
- Invitation to donor cultivation events and fundraising award celebrations